Sunday, January 17, 2010

Venturing deep into BK.

This past Friday, Kei and I decided to stop being lazy and venture into BK for L&B Spumoni Garden's famous sicilian pizza.

We got on the N and got off at Avenue U. Yes, it does exist and here is a photographic piece of evidence.

Yay! Spumoni's! Family owned and operated for 71 years.


Sicilian 12 slice pie.

This original pie really brands itself not only with the quality of its taste, but the way it's made as well. The cheese can be found underneath the sweet sauce, atop of a perfectly chewy dough. Here we got half plain and half italian sausage. They just kind of slapped the meat on there as you can see.


Mmm, mmm, mmmmm.

FEAST
[Sicilian Pie]

[Calamari]
huuuuge portions. Kei was eyeing this dish from afar and we thought why not, we're here anyways. So, we ordered it and it was ginormous. We barely made a dent. Delicious though. I am not a avid fan of fried food like my dearest Kei, but the calamari was lightly fried and served fresh. It was still hot and crispy when it reached the table. Sprinkled some fresh lemon juice and voila. yummmay.

[Special Salad- Pear w. goat cheese]
I am an avid fan of tasteful salads and am disappointed to find restaurants that lack something that really tingles my taste buds in the raw greens department. It can be simply done, just DO IT.
OK with that being saiiid... the salad here was AMAZING. So fresh, light, and perfect.
Again, huge portions.
The salad had fresh micro greens, red onions, itsy pieces of pears, tasty slices of fresh goat cheese, black olives, pignoli nuts, and was sprinkled with a light oil and vinegar dressing which had a refreshing zest of lemon and just the right amount of ground black pepper. So simple, yet so satisfying. I want to try every single salad dish.

[Rice Ball Parmigiana]
I just have a thing for rice balls. Asian or Italian so I decided to order it. Generous size for $4.50. On a regular day, this portion could suffice as a meal, but this day was fatty day. The meat in the center was so yummmmy! It gave me a hint of the meat sauce they use in their pasta/entree dishes. I'll be trying some out in the future.

And finally...
Homemade spumoni: Vanilla, chocolate, and pistachio mixed.

If only I had room to finish it all :(
This was my first time trying spumoni and I loved it! I usually don't eat that much ice cream unless it's green tea/red bean, but this homemade ice cream was so light and tasty. The little chunks of nuts and sweetness nicely concluded my meal.
I tried to bring it outside with me and devour it despite the cold weather, but Kei yelled at me to stop eating haha. Wise advice. I probably would have had issues keeping it all down on the ride back home.

Completely full and happy: on the subway back to Manhattan.




No comments:

Post a Comment