Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ippudo yo.

Another Japanese restaurant to rant and rave about. IPPUDO!


Shochu with fresh squeezed grapefruit juice.
Emphasis on the fresh squeezed grapefruit juice. Squeeze it yaself.


Loves me some duck.
Duck with balsamic and yuzu pepper sauce. The balsamic was very thick and rich, which made smothering the duck in it all the more pleasurable. The dish is served cold, so naturally the duck is a little tough, but still very good.


Of course, the Hirata Pork Buns.
Small and gone within 30 seconds. The sauce, the pork, the bun... ugh. SO GOOOOOD. Little morsels of perfection.

We also ordered the Hirata Fried Chicken in the special black pepper sauce and the Kasane Aji Ramen. They were delicious and as a result, I have no pictures. We ate them before I even thought of snapping a pic. Haha, guess that proves how good it was, or maybe how much self control I have? hmm. whatever.

But, I do have pics of the finale...

Matcha Brûlée.
Green tea crème brûlée. Beautifully melted, leaving a crispy, sugary top layer. I swiped that sliver of a strawberry so quick. Didn't want to split it. Good decision on my behalf :).

...and I was entirely satisfied.

We went pretty late to avoid a long wait. We ended up waiting for about 30-40 minutes. Completely worth it. I'd do it over and over again. I've read a lot of reviews saying how the service is terrible, but we didn't experience anything like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment