This past Friday, didn't eat all day and decided it was time for a nice meal.
Waited around for 45 minutes until we were finally seated at Momofuku Noodle Bar.
Who can actually say they went to Ko before Noodle Bar? ME.
haha, snob.
Anyways, this is what Kei and I ordered on our journey to the acclaimed noodle bar.
Please refrain from drooling on yourself. It's not a good look.
smoked chicken.
in a pickled chili and garlic sauce with scallions.
The chicken really had this delicious smokey taste to it and the sauce had the slightest hint of spicy flavor, which always deserves a check plus in my book. The waitress gave us little spoons, which I undoubtedly utilized by drowning each piece of chicken in its sauce. Every bone was left meatless. I don't think Kei and I even spoke to each other as we were eating this dish.
sliced hamachi.
w. blood orange, olives, and beets.
This was definitely the most impressive dish of the night. I was pretty much unaware of what I was ordering but if you say hamachi, I'll eat it. Where are the olives? Where are the beets? I believe the beets were pureed (red spreads on the side) and I don't know what they did to the olives, but they were served as small crisps barely reminiscent of the mediterranean fruit. Olives are not a high preference food of mine, but it was SO good with this dish. The hamachi was sliced thick, served chilled and was divine with the blood orange and the lil zests. The ingredients complimented each other so well.<3.
steamed shiitake buns.
Just go and eat this. right now. right now. Succulent shiitake mushrooms grilled to perfection. Go eat it.
steamed pork buns.
Dare I say Ippudo is better?
fingerling potatoes.
w. bacon, poached egg, and scallions.
Overall thought: mehh, ruined the flow of my dishes. tasted like breakfast. Could have lived without it.
momofuku ramen.
w. pork belly, pork shoulder, poached egg.
Mad meaaaat, yo. The pork is very tender and juicyy, but again, dare I say Ippudo is better?
cinnamon bun pie.
Get it served warm and eat it with the cereal milk™soft serve. Brown butter and cheesecake filling... I was so full, but I had to make room for this goodness. Took a cab home because I could no longer breathe/move.
That is allllll.


No comments:
Post a Comment