greetings.
aaand next up for restaurant week: Morimoto.
I was succumbed by sadness on my way here. 25 minutes late for our reservation, I feared that Kei and I wouldn't be able to eat lunch here before leaving for the weekend.
Luckily, the devil lady who said she wouldn't seat us if we were more than 15 minutes late wasn't there when we arrived.
All I have to say is thank God for nice people. This is not something I wanted to miss out on.
crab croquettes w. pickled Japanese radish & yuzu wasabi sauce.
By now, if you've been reading these posts instead of staring at the overwhelmingly delicious foods, you'd know that I la-la-la-loooooove sauces/condiments. This dish only reinforces my affinity for dipping delights. To add on top of the excellent sauce, the lightly fried crab croquettes were deeelish. So soft and tender once you bite into the crispyness the crab straight up melts away to little morsels in your mouth. num num yummmmmmay.
As you can see, the dish is served with only two crab croquettes and each is about the size of a walnut. Perhaps smaller. I wanted to order more, but unfortunately, this appetizer is exclusive to the restaurant week menu and you can't order more unless you order another entree and dessert. poopy.
forget the RW menu. looky here.
unagi foie gras rice bowl.
DIY toppings.
the rice bowl came with a small plate of garnishes which included sesame seeds, shredded scallions, and ground pepper. Just dump it all on the food. Don't be shy.
served in a hot stone bowl.
If I ask you to read anything I've written, this segment is it.
This dish is composed of neatly packed white rice topped with ripe avocado, unagi, foie gras, and a little bit of nori. Along with the little side of garnishes, there is a side of eel barbecue sauce (how the waiter described it). Once you pour it on the rice and it hits the bowl, you can hear it sizzling. Because the stone bowl holds heat, the rice at the bottom continues to cook and adds an extra crunch to the bite. Once you start to mix everything around, the avocado gets warm and soft, which tastes wonderful with the unagi (standard unagi sushi rolls are often made with avocado). The majority of foie gras is fffat so obviously in large amounts, is no good for you. The rice bowl has a small piece of foie gras the size of those pink eraser bars I used way back in kindergarten. It's just enough.
This is undoubtedly one of the best dishes I have ever had. Just go eat it and I am confident you'll feel the same.
beef gyudon.
white chocolate panna cotta.
not too heavy, not too sweet. That white inner circle is a little something made with champagne and tickles your taste buds while your teeth crunch away at the mini chocolate crisps.
They have good food, good dessert, and awesome toilets. Do you want more?


arom, you're amazing at describing food.
ReplyDeleteit's a blessing.
:)
Amy