brother, excited to eat?
Brother stopped by SoHo to eat with me on my lunch break. Being the care free child he is, he was up for anything. I suggested Salume, a relatively new sandwich shop on West b'way and Grand. When we approached the panini shop, it was empty of patrons and brother suggested we go elsewhere. haha. Luckily, I disregarded his request and entered.
The Ferrari of slicers: the Berkel.
Obviously a piece to be put on display.
Salume's mantra: proper preparation, top quality ingredients, and genuine recipes. These components are all vital to making an authentic Italian panino.
For every panino, both meats and cheeses are sliced to order to ensure that the meat retain its flavor and aroma. Experience the cold, thinly sliced meat at its best.
capri
buffalo mozzarella, tomato, basil, extra virgin olive oil
san daniele
san daniele prosciutto, parmesan cheese, fennel, mayonnaise, truffle oil
bellagio
gorgonzola cheese, fennel, tartar sauce
Salume receives their specially made bread on a daily basis and is a well worth venture for those who love good food. Each sandwich is made with a freshly baked roll the size of a fist. Not a mammoth sized fist like Shaq, but a regular one. I cannot lie, but it is quite pricey for the amount of food you're receiving. This would undoubtedly be a lost cause for any restaurant that lacked quality. Salume is different. The shop's vision of creating top notch quality paninis and shattering the concept of typical NY style pressed, quesadilla-esque paninis is worth keeping around and definitely one worth experiencing. Just don't go here if you're starving.
I am excited to try more. Now that I am a real person, out of school, and bless with a full-time job I am ready to get my EAT ON.
Expect more posts on the regular.


No comments:
Post a Comment