Monday, March 28, 2011

cocoron = heartwarming



NYM announced Cocoron as NYC's best soba place and naturally, I felt outraged. I LOVE Soba-Ya. How can it NOT house the best soba in NYC. Well - I must admit Cocoron is quite the competitor, but my fervor for Soba-Ya remains intact.





Cocoron has corny-cute manga.

Cocoron has cute menus made out of wood.

Cocoron gives you front row seats to da action.

Cocoron's selection leaves you deep in thought and distraught over which dish to order.
 
Cocoron has corny-cute animations IN their menus.

Cocoron has to-die-for silky home made tofuuuuu. nom nom nommmm.

Cocoron has pork & okara croquettes.

 
Staminaaaa sobaaaaaaa.


Cocoron lets you smasha ya own sesame seeds.

kei still smashing...

mmmmm preparing natto soba.

more prep.

ta da! tis a thing of beauty. 

this wasn't that good.. but it looks good, right?!


On another note... 
go to cocoron and you might spot:
 D. chang man.
or perhaps nate appleman. 

 I almost dieeeeeeeddddddd of starstruckitis.

some photos via cocoron & googled images.






No comments:

Post a Comment